Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My dearest Eli,

The last few days have certainly been rough. Your dad and I have been arguing like crazy. Presley woke us at 3:30 this morning throwing up on her self. Your dad changed the sheets. After I gave her a bath and put her pajamas on, I went back to bed. 8 o'clock came much too soon, son. I was definitely on auto pilot all morning. Zombie mom. Not long after I woke up I got a text from my mom that Tico had gotten out. She wasn't able to look because she had to leave for work. So I text our neighbors and had them searching for me all day because Tory was home and I didn't have a car. I put up two posts on Craigslist and even created a lost dog document with the OKC Animal Welfare Dept. Your dad knew how torn up I was about it all and left work long enough to drive around and look. He also spent his entire lunch break looking for Tico. Well, the neighbors found him on the side of the road. I'm waiting to hear back from my mom to know whether he was hit by a car or if he died from heat or some other cause. It is so extremely hard for me to not be angry with your Mimi right now. I just don't understand why she wouldn't have taken the time to look for a dog who has been in our family for 13 years. How can you just leave him roaming the streets and feel okay with it?! He has been through so much with this family. 2 marriages, one divore, god know how many separations. He was there during my pregnancy when I had virtually no friends. He slept on my bed with me. there were countless times that he could sense my emotions and he would just lay with me. Like he just knew I needed someone. I know that he was 16 years old and could have gone at any time; but that is just such a terrible way to go and Tico most certainly did not deserve that. He deserved the best death possible. Sorry I am rambling, son. I lost you in May, dad in June, and now my trusty dog of 13 years. I'm a bit of a basket case.

I love you, Eli. If you see Tico up there, give him a good old back scratch for me. He loves that. And tell Pops that I said I hope Tico is a lot more quiet in heaven or he has a better sound tolerance.

-Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers